Keep Moving with Merits
A little traversing in the early morning or at sunset is a great recipe for a healthy mind. The freshness of the air and the chirping of the birds at the first flush of morning always mark the beginning of a delightful day. Unfortunately, those with impaired mobility due to arthritis, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury etc. don’t always have that luxury. This can eventually lead to various symptoms of or anxiety. But any attempt to bring them a step closer towards a normal life can bring a lot of cheerfulness in their life. One such effort in this direction by Affordable Medical Equipment is the Merits Silverado Scooter.
The design and build of a mobility scooter, operated by electric motors, and powered by batteries, is similar to that of a powered wheelchair. However, they are not to be confused. A mobility scooter is typically a mobility device that helps you get around outside of the home. There are some mobility scooters that can operate inside the home just like there are some powered wheelchairs that are totally adequate to take out and about. The mobility scooters can be used in conjunction with the powered wheelchairs, if required. Generally, scooters have three or more wheels which are governed by a steering arrangement, usually located at the front. The concept of mobility scooters came into reality when Sears, Roebuck and Co. introduced an electric wheelchair in 1954 with three wheels along with an enhanced battery and a spacious seating space.
The current market houses the following four categories of mobility scooters:
- 3 Wheel Mobility Scooters: This is suitable for those who intend to use the scooter only on plane horizontal surfaces. The scooters under this category generally do not have a substantial weight capacity but do provide good turning radius.
- 4 Wheel Mobility Scooters: Providing 4 wheels results in better stability but in terms of cost they are a shade more expensive when compared to the price of 3 Wheel Mobility Scooters. They also can be slightly heavier.
- Folding Mobility Scooters: Compactness of design and less weight of the entire assembly make these scooters suitable for those who travel frequently.
- Heavy-Duty Mobility Scooters: They are known for supporting large weights, generally above 300 pounds. They are configured with a great sitting space and are very efficient in terms of the capacity of the battery.
Need for Mobility Scooters
Coming to the need and advantages of the mobility scooters, we can always highlight the following points:
- The mobility scooter is no less than a boon for persons who cannot move with ease due to their age or other ailments.
- Someone may rightly argue that persons with mobility impairment can always make use of a manually operated wheelchair without unnecessarily wasting their hard-earned money on mobility scooters. But for individuals who do not have enough limb strength to maneuver using a manual wheelchair, the mobility scooter can be a lifesaver for their day-to-day movements.
- The design configurations of mobility scooters give them a very classy look. Their outer appearance is far from that of a power wheelchair. Colorful combinations, feature-rich consoles, superior ride – all play a significant role in boosting the confidence of the individual users.
- The mobility scooters are more affordable in terms of cost if set side by side with powered wheelchairs.
- The heavy-duty scooters, very stable in design, are suitable for bumpy terrains as well.
- Self-propelled mobility scooters provided with pedals can serve its users with the additional benefit of exercising their muscles while pedaling. However, these types of scooters are only suitable for those persons whose leg impairment is not very severe.
Merits Silverado Mobility Scooter
The Merits Silverado Outdoor Scooter from Affordable Medical Equipment is a robust-in-design mobility scooter suitable for all terrains. It falls under the category of 4-wheeled heavy-duty scooter and has an enhanced capacity of sustaining 350 pounds of weight. It can attain a maximum speed of 9.5 mph. For enhanced experiences in bumpy terrains, this scooter comes standard with 12-inch tires at the front and the back. The Silverado features 3 .5 inches of clearance from the supporting ground and a large turning radius of 65.7 inches. As you could see from the video, the Merits Silverado clearly exemplifies its efficient performance on rough patches of roads.
With a length and width of 51 inches and 27 inches, respectively, this model presented by Affordable Medical Equipment is highly convenient and spacious for its users. It is provided with two 12-volt 75 AH batteries which can last up to a travel distance of 32 miles. Further, it is provided with an intelligent, regenerative electromagnetic braking system, which links both the front and the rear brakes.
Merits is well known for the contour and comfort of their seats. The Silverado is no different – a lush full captains’ seat will deliver an even higher level of excellence. This mobility scooter has a full suspension system with shock absorption. The seats can also be adjusted depending on the height of the person who wishes to explore the outside world sitting in this fun scooter, making it suitable and handy for persons of all heights.
The features of this Merits Scooter, highlighted in the points given below, clearly justifies the name FUN SCOOTER for its intended users.
- Safety First – Mobility scooter manufacturers have a lot of guidelines they must meet in their products. The scooter must be as light as possible, must have efficient electrical systems, and batteries that work on a thin line between weight and performance. Seating must be comfortable but, again, light. There are a hundred different specs that manufacturers must meet. Often, safety is well down the list.
Merits took a new direction with safety on the Silverado. For starters, it has LED’s literally all over it. And they are brighter than ever! Being easy to see is not only important in the morning and evening but really all times of the day. Drivers are so distracted today, and it has never been more important to stand out. Merits has also installed speed governors so that when you enter a quick turn the speed is automatically decreased 50%. This assures that the unit will not tip and that you won’t be thrown clear. Additionally, the big built-in basket on the tiller provides lots of storage and can be easily viewed. All your goodies are right there in eye’s view which equals no distractions. Finally, the Merits seat is adjustable front to back and the backrest adjustable to virtually any angle. This means that you are ergonomically positioned for the most control of the scooter.
- Ergonomic design of the tiller – A delta tiller is provided to steer the scooter. The delta tillers deliver minimum strain on the hands. The handle of the tiller supports the wrists of the users while driving the scooter and thus facilitates proper rest to the hand of the person driving this mobility scooter.
- Straightforward LED Console – An easy-to-use, built-in LED console helps the end-users know information like ambient temperature, distance traveled, maintenance alerts (which is nice!), date and time etc.
- Charging of portable devices – No need to worry about charging your smartphone before taking a ride on this scooter. The tiller is provided with a built-in USB charger and a charging port so that one can enjoy his/her ride on this amazing scooter without worrying about their portable devices getting switched off due to lack of charge.
- CTS Suspension – This Merits Silverado is provided with a full suspension system and shock absorbers, delivering an experience of a lifetime to its users over a variety of terrains. It can climb hills of 10 degrees or more, run across small to medium-sized forest debris, conquer farmland or run with the horses.
- Warranty – A five-year limited warranty is included for the main structural frame. Electronic components carry a two-year limited warranty. Warranty exclusions include plastic shrouds, tires, seating, upholstery/arm pads, and bulbs. Warranties are non-transferable.
Customers are the greatest brand ambassadors. Our customers who have experienced the ride on this amazing scooter have given very good feedback. They have endorsed the fact that this mobility vehicle is suitable for all terrains and a good deal in comparison to powered wheelchairs. “Large tires for traveling on gravel roads and uneven terrain, longest range between charges of any other scooter.” – Frank H.
How to Reach Us
What are you waiting for??? You can order the Merits Silverado right now from our webpage today. This video takes you through the unboxing and assembly process. Immediately visit our website at www.affordablemedicalusa.com or visit our store to know more about this product. Customers can also call at 803-926-1493. The team at Affordable Medical Equipment is always happy to serve you.
#meritssilverado #affordablemedicalequipment #mobility #mobilityscooter #merits #mobilityimpairment #mobilitychallenged #4wheelscooter #heavydutyscooter #meritss941a #mobilitysolutions